I love to color-coordinate things, and weddings are no exception! I’ve been known to see a bedroom set and say, “That would be great as a wedding!” When my boyfriend and I first discussed marriage and what kind of wedding we’d like, I fell in love with 3 different color schemes. I will share them all at some point or another.
Today, I share with you my favorite one… Black and white with shades of green. Not just any black and white, but crisp and modern floral and damask prints. What follows is an “inspiration board” for these colors. Inspiration boards are popping up all over popular wedding forums as a way to put together a visual of the colors and motifs in which the wedding will be styled.
Left to right, and top to bottom:
- Black and white invitation from Wedding Paper Divas.
- Black bridesmaids dress with green bouquet and bride with white bouquet. Source unknown.
- Black linens with crisp white cake, adorned with wheat grass. Also from Knottie PDXDFWbride.
- Black and white modern damask print. Google the term “black white Waverly damask” for home decor and many other cool items in similar prints.
- David’s Bridal style T9293 with black obi sash.
- Table cards with crisp green stripes sit atop wheat grass. Courtesy of Britney Photography‘s blog.
- Green tie and boutonniere, source unknown.
Some fun extras/substitutes:
- I adore this cake, minus the lavender layer. Red Photo Co.
- These invitations are just as great as the ones in the inspiration board. Wedding Paper Divas.
- And why not dye your crinoline green (instructions and other info HERE; pictured on Knottie violeta77) or opt for a green sash on your gown (pictured is that of Knottie bancbev)?
If you would like to see more of these colors, I have so many pictures, and I know just where to look. You may email me at email@example.com
Edit: I have compiled a (growing) collection of black, white, and green photos here.
If you see something I have not credited properly, please let me know and I’ll amend it immediately.
I fell in love with the black and white damask print because it is at once baroque and modern. I love the drama of the stark contrast, and the fact that it meshes so well with simple, fresh colors and clean lines.
Since I am not using the fantastic damask print that I love so much for a wedding, I hope to find pieces for our home.
I really love these dishes and bedding from Target.
I hope that you have somehow been inspired! If you have anything you want to share, or think you have something to contribute for future blog posts, I’d love your input!